Thursday, September 6, 2012

Grand Belish Hotel Kusadasi Turkey

After the Ephesus tour we proceeds straight to Grand Belish Hotel located on the long beach at Aegean coast. We arrived in hotel just in time for a dinner. After checking out our room we waded back through the to the restaurant. However, by the time we got there all we wanted to do was check out near by the hotel if any kebab or grilled restaurant. But we arrived almost past 8 o' clock in the evening. We decided to join with our group, eat quick and go to sleep early to get a head start and head on Troy.
View from our bedroom
Standard Twin Room
The room is quite basic and clean; good enough as a temporary, There are robes and towels on the dressing table which you can use if you intend to use their pool.
The view from the hotel pool and it was taken early morning during breakfast.
The restaurant had a lively atmosphere and it was crowded and overflowed with young and adults European tourist. The menu consisted from a multi-level display case full of Turkish Mediterrenean dishes, like veg-salads with various sauces , cold pasta, meats, fresh cheese and herb mixture, breads and sweet pastries.
I chose to start with the soup (süzme mercimek çorbasi) it was piping hot and tasted wonderful!
As for my appetizers, I had a cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots mixed greens, chilli pickle and a light yogurt dressing.
After finishing the salads, I headed down to the salad section for the second round. With over a dozen salad items, I had a hard time to select a few items. So I decided that I had to try some cold pasta or macaroni salads, cheese, roasted red bell peppers with chopped black olives.
Later on my husband saw that there were fresh fish being grilled outside the restaurant, right by the outdoor dining area. He finally returned to the table and bringing me with this local fish simply grilled.
The main buffet items may not have been that hot, but the specialty items, such as the stew meat section was certainly as fresh as it could get. For my main, I selected the lamb with carrots-mushroom-potato stew and beef stew, mainly consisted of light stews with tomato, some bulgur rice.
But then of course there was some dessert to be had. I fill my plate just a few, I wasn’t able to finish everything. But did get to take a few bites from each dessert. Instead I have to think to myself… I don’t want to load up on the desserts it was so sugary sweet. The leche flan it was one bland bite after another and some Turkish sweets that we've seen. Like; vezir parmağı tatlisi and ayva tatlisi, it basically tastes like fine sugar and honey syrup that melts on your tongue. It was overly sweetened and you know while eating it that it must be so unhealthy.
There was a complimentary breakfast buffet waiting for us in the morning. I am a foodie person but I only can eat a little. I got some hotdogs, hams or salami I guess, tomato with cheese, mozzarella, cheese and herbs, orange juice and compliment to my morning coffee! The ham and hotdogs it was chewy, rubbery, taste like plastic. Probably the most worst breakfast we ever had. So all in all it was a decent meal. The place is suitable for families, company dinner and big groups of diners. By the way, drinks are extra here even water you have to pay extra.
***
Grand Belish Hotel
Alacay Mevkii Davutlar Kusadasi. Turkey
Website:
http://www.grandbelish.com/

No comments: